E-trader licenses in Dubai are designed for self-employed people or business owners who market their goods and services on social media sites like Instagram or other social media channels. In Dubai, the Department of Economic Development (DED) established the E-trader license to control the sales of online goods made possible by social media platforms. This law contributes to reducing the trade of counterfeit goods and commodities on social media.
Who Should Apply for an E-Trader License in Dubai
The following people are eligible to apply for an E-Trader license in Dubai:-
- The people and home businesses that promote and sell goods or services online through social media platforms or websites.
- Freelancers who are involved with several online services.
- E-commerce websites which sell goods and commodities.
The applicant for the E-Trader license should be of age 21 or above and be a resident of Dubai.
Purpose of E-Trader License in Dubai
The E trader permit UAE was established to control economic activity through social media networks. For a social media business to start, you need an e-trader license. The authority has developed a procedure for granting the concerned permission. The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the designated organization with the power to examine applications and grant licenses. A DED Trader license or just a Trader License is what it is known as.
Things to Know About an E-Trader License
Some facts that you should know about an E-trader license are as follows:-
- An E-Trader license issued in one emirate cannot be used in another.
- Nationals of the UAE and the GCC can use social media profiles to conduct a professional and commercial business. This indicates that they can use social media platforms to market services and tangible things.
- Although they are not permitted to conduct commercial business, ex-pat entrepreneurs may provide professional services.
- The type of commercial activity and eligibility for license issuing depend on the ex-pat entrepreneur’s nationality. These specifics will be made known during the license registration process.
Benefits of an E-Trader License
The benefits of having an E-Trader license are as follows:-
- An e-trader license encourages trouble-free online sales and builds customer confidence.
- Online business and e-commerce have become legitimate and credible thanks to licensing.
- A person can legally market or sell a product using various online platforms, such as webpages and other social media platforms, with the help of an e-trader license.
- Home-based business owners have the fantastic opportunity to participate in exhibitions and conferences and present their goods.
- The license holder may sell the product on e-commerce platforms like Souq.com.
- Participating in the DED’s E trader training programme will be beneficial to license holders.
- The license protects both trade names and intellectual property.
How to Apply for an E-Trader License in Dubai
Here are the steps to follow to apply for an E-Trader License in Dubai:-
- The registration process for an E trader license is straightforward. You can do this by signing up on the DED Trader webpage.
- Create an account on the DED Trader website. Give your social media account information. The licensing fee must be paid after registration.
- The cost of a Dubai E Trader license is 1070 AED. The license must be renewed every year.
- Utilize Dubai’s enormous potential for e-commerce.
These are the documents required for obtaining an E-Trader license in Dubai, UAE:-
- An Emirates ID that is valid.
- Age proof (Min 21 years).
- The name of the trade should be registered with the appropriate authorities. Additionally, the authorization must be included with the application.
- Evidence of residency (Makani number). Ejari is optional, though.
The cost of an E-Trader license is AED 1070.
The cost of E-Trader commercial license is AED 1370.
Why Clever Crop Consultancy Service?
Our services give you a customized solution focused on your particular business and market, and we design strategies that enable our clients to achieve continuous growth and scale sustainably. To discuss more in detail your business plan, reach us today to have a suitable solution for your business dreams. We at Clever corp hold vast experience and our expert advisors are round the clock at your service to understand your idea better and get them into reality. Contact us at +971586412031 or +97145804048 to discuss with our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.